Linger (Wolves of Mercy Falls #2)
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Publisher: Scholastic
Publication Date: July 13, 2010
Pages: 360
Source: Hardcover/Library

In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other.  Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack.  And Isabelle, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.

At turns harrowing and euphoric, Linger is a spellbinding love story that explores both sides of love -- the light and the dark, the warm and the cold -- in a way you will never forget.

Review: So I'll start off with the points of view. At first I wasn't a big fan of the four points of view the story was being told from but as it went on I started liking it. I think it was because as the story went on Cole was  more introduce to everyone. I think it was just him I wasnt sure of at first. I really enjoyed Linger for the most part. I really enjoyed Sam getting used to being human and taking over as the one in charge since Beck was no longer able to be. It took him a while but he started to adjust to it. I found some parts that dealt with Sam talking about his parents hard to read sometimes though. Along with parts I found hard to read I also found Cole's story hard to read at points.

Now lets get to Grace. It was really saddening me how she seemed to be getting sicker throughout the book. I really enjoyed the book but her being sick kinda made it a bit sad. Also, I felt the whole thing with Grace's parents and Sam was way over done. Like seriously. I was thinking the whole time "just get over it." I think everyone knows your not gonna stop a teenager from rebelling, ESPECIALLY if you ground them. That only makes them want to more. And her parents only cared when it dealt with Sam, any other time they couldnt care less about her. I totally agreed with Cole when he said that Sam belonged there more than her dad did. I really enjoyed Sam and Grace being together though. I still love those two together. I'm not sure how I feel about the ending. I'm happy Grace is still alive but I'm not sure I'm happy with that ending. 

4 Stars!

No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)