Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1)
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Publisher: Harper Teen
Publication Date: November 15, 2011
Pages: 342
Source: ARC from Publisher

Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war-- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.

In this electrifying debut, Tahereh Mafi presents a world as riveting as The Hunger Games and a superhero story as thrilling as The X-Men. Full of pulse-pounding romance, intoxicating villainy, and high-stakes choices, Shatter Me is a fresh and original dystopian novel—with a paranormal twist—that will leave readers anxiously awaiting its sequel.


Review: Ok, let me get this out before I start. AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! This book is amazing! Like seriously, it is everything its made out to be! Not often do I read a book, and at that a debut novel that jumps to the top of my favorites but this has! I love the way it was written and how I felt connected to both Juliette and Adam. Now, I know some people have the thought the writing was too over the top but I felt it worked well in this novel. The writing pulled me in and it even helped me connect more with Juliette and Adam. I definitely give Tahereh a thumbs up for taking the risk with the writing. The world she created in this novel is amazing!

So I'm gonna try really hard not to say too much to spoil it. Lets start with The Reestablishment. Right from the beginning I didnt like them. They were supposed to be helping the "dying society." First of all, they made things out to seem worse than they probably were and they honestly never seemed to be doing much helping. It was kind of like defeating the purpose. Lol. I always saw them as the enemy, as Juliette saw them, which really helped me connect to her. I hated what they did to Juliette, locking her up for something she had no control over. Then trying to use her, make her out to be a monster for their own purposes. I really hated Warner (the leader of the certain sector of the reestablishment). Everything he did to Juliette got under my skin, especially how much he pushed her into doing domething she didnt want to do. I loved Adam though. He was always there for Juliette, watching out for her, being there when she needed him. I really enjoyed seeing their relationship progress throughout the book, I mean there was so many Adam/Juliette moments where I just squealed and got this big grin on my face. I would definitely say that next to Juliette, Adam is my favorite character. And lastly, the ending was amazing! I will not spoil it at all, but I definitely think you'll love it! :) 

I definitely cant wait to see whats next for Juliette and Adam! I need more Adam! I'm definitely going to be eagerly anticipating the sequel! I highly recommend this to anyone who likes dystopians and X-men. You dont want to miss this awesome debut!

5 Stars!

No comments:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)