The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1)
Author: Suzanne Collins
Publisher: Scholastic
Publication Date: September 14, 2008
Pages: 374
Source: Hardcover/Own

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV.

Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before—and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that will weigh survival against humanity and life against love.


Review: So I know a lot of people are gonna be happy to know I finally read this, especially with the large happy response I got when I bought the book. So here's my long awaited review! I loved it!!!!! OMG!!!! I can totally see why everyone loves this! I mean I even learned when I picked this up that my friend Josh has even read this book! Which I totally didn't expect. Lol! I loved loved loved it! Ok, so first of all. The whole idea around this was so interesting! It was so hard to put the book down. Even when I did I couldn't get what I read out of my mind! So lets start with Katniss, I cant say anything else besides wow. She took her sisters place in the games, she was that protective of her. I don't know if I would have had that much strength!

Ok, into the games! Im totally keeping tight lipped for those few people that havent read this yet but AHH!. I was on an emotional roller coaster throughout the games! I mean when Katniss got hurt I could feel her pain. When she felt even the slightest hints of guilt or fear I could feel that. I also felt sad when she was upset at Rue being killed! That part made me so sad! Not to mention the whole thing with Peeta was a roller coaster itself! I couldnt figure out whether the feelings were real or fake at times! Because so many moments felt real! I'm definitely a member of Team Peeta right now.

The ending! The ENDING! Do I even need to bring up the ending? I was totally shocked but happy with the ending! Katniss and Peeta still alive. AHHH!

Just a few words... YOU MUST READ THIS!!!!! :D Definitely going on the favorites shelf!

1 comment:

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)