TBR Intervention is a weekly challenge hosted by Dani@RefractedLight, Anayami@Whatever You Can Still Betray & April@Books4Juliet

The goal of this challenge is to help each other (fellow readers and bloggers) manage our enormous and constantly growing TBR (To-Be-Read) List. The rules are simple and everyone is encouraged to participate. It does not force you to commit to more than what you can manage to read in a week or so, but participants are encouraged to read at least one book within a week. You are free to choose the book you want to read and commit to this challenge. You may post your entry every Saturday, at the frequency of your choice--EVERY WEEK or EVERY TWO WEEKS. However, we will sponsor this event regularly every Saturday. 

Here are the rules: 

1. Post the book(s) you committed to read in your last TBR Intervention post and tell us something about it. Did you finish it? Did you enjoy it or not? Post the link to your review (if you have one).


2. Post a book that you want to read and already own. Pick something that has been sitting on your shelf for too long now (6 months or longer). Commit to read the book in the next couple of days or week.


3. Grab the TBR Intervention Button and post it on your blog sidebar so you will be constantly reminded of the challenge, making it easier for you to commit. This will also encourage other readers/bloggers/visitors to join the challenge.


4. Add the link to your post in the Linky below and make sure to visit the other blogs. Comment, encourage, and spread the love to our fellow readers.
Last Weeks TBR Book:
Shadowland
Author: Alyson Noel
So I did finish this one. I still had a hard time getting through the first few chapters because they still made me bored, but I stuck with it and kept going. Eventually I started enjoying it some, though I feel like this one wasn't as good as the first two. It was still good none the less. But it just wasn't as good as the others so far. I'll have a review up eventually. I'm trying to hold off on putting the review of this up until I put up reviews of Evermore and Blue Moon. 




This week I'm committing to read: 
Shiver
Author: Maggie Stiefvater

Summary from Goodreads:
the cold.
Grace has spent years watching the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf—her wolf—watches back. He feels deeply familiar to her, but she doesn't know why.

the heat.
Sam has lived two lives. As a wolf, he keeps the silent company of the girl he loves. And then, for a short time each year, he is human, never daring to talk to Grace...until now.

the shiver.
For Grace and Sam, love has always been kept at a distance. But once it's spoken, it cannot be denied. Sam must fight to stay human—and Grace must fight to keep him—even if it means taking on the scars of the past, the fragility of the present, and the impossibility of the future.


So, this has only been on my shelf for maybe 3-4 months but I kept seeing Linger at the library, so to help give me more incentive I checked out Linger to push me more to read Shiver so I can read Linger before I have to return it. And plus I've heard some good things about this series so I wanna see why people like it. And plus it has wolves. I like wolves if you cant tell from some of my other book choices so that gave me some incentive to wanna read it also.  

8 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to your full review of Shadowland. Maggie Stiefvater is great. I hope that you enjoy Shiver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, you plowed on while I can't even summon the strength to continue the series as of now. -_-

    Anyway, Shiver is also in my TBR pile but I doubt if I would read it anytime soon. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole Linger series is amazing. Maggie is a very talented writer. I hope you enjoy it!

    My TBR is at http://rantsnscribbles.blogspot.com/2011/11/tbr-intervention-week-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shiver is soooo good! I'm sure you'll breeze right through it. I'm really sick of YA paranormal romance (all the Twilight wannabes) but Shiver was really different and good.

    Lindsey @ babiesbooksandsigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on finishing Shadowland!!! I'm sorry it wasn't as good as you had hoped.

    I love Maggie Stiefvater's Lament and Ballad (which is saying something since faeries aren't my fave), and I really enjoyed Shiver as well, so I hope this week's pick is an easier read for you!

    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you were able to finish SHADOWLAND! =) I liked that book but I agree with you, it's not as good as the first two. And, I LOVE YOUR PICK THIS WEEK! I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE WOLVES OF MERCY FALLS! Maggie is one of my most favorite author and I just bought Scorpio Races yesterday! =) I really hope you'll be able to enjoy it as much as I did. Good luck!

    Thank you for participating weekly Brittani! =)

    XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!

    Shiver felt slow for me, but that may be because I couldn't relate to Sam and Grace at all. The writing's great, though. And the second book in the series rocks! So, take courage and keep goin!

    Good Luck!

    Ron @ Stories of my life

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)