Where I've Been
As you can notice from my blog, after 2014, I kinda just dropped off the map except for 4 random reviews scattered through 2015. So what happened? Life happened. In December of 2014, I welcomed a beautiful baby girl into the world. As I'm sure many of you know, being a mom is a full time job. And I embraced being a mom. That little baby is now almost 3!!!!! Time flies!
This is me and my daughter Ana at the pumpkin patch last year. (I know she doesn't look like me, she got all her looks from daddy, lol)

2015 involved a move, which was much harder with a kid (have you ever moved with a kid, its tough). It also involved my now fiance starting a new job which was pretty stressful for him (said job still is actually). It also included me getting so stressed out I had to take time off of school as well. 

2016, well, I finally started back to school. Overall a good choice, it was just different having a kid around and having to take breaks more often than before. Also, I got officially engaged! After 3 years of dating and having a kid, we decided we wanted to get married. 

And now, 2017. We are in the midst of planning our wedding. We're aiming for early 2018 (February, March area so far). School? I'm officially doing my last class to get my associates!!! I'll be graduating this December! My little family also took a big step and adopted our first family pet from the shelter this summer! His name is Brodie and the sweetest, most loving cat you could find. You'd never know this guy was given up to the shelter. He loves his new family (he's sleeping besides me as I type this, he's a momma's boy). Also, my fiance made the choice to finally go back to school! We worked hard to get everything set for him this summer and he's officially back in school now. It's been a good but busy year!
My handsome fiance and our new kitty Brodie! My boys! :)

New Changes!
So, I miss blogging! I've been debating for a bit now coming back and I've finally decided I am. Hence why I never got rid of my blog. I always had the intention of coming back. I just didn't know when. But, I am making changes as well. I've obviously already been working at changing backgrounds, color themes, fonts, etc. One big change I want to make in the near future... 

Name: The name. I named Hope, Faith & Books at a different time in my life. It fit back then, not so much now. I have a name change in the plans already, I'm just determining what exactly that name will be. I've got ideas, just need to settle on the one I feel is the best fit now. 

Reviews: I also plan on reviewing more than just Young Adult. My main focus is still that as it's still my favorite genre. But I have also expanded my library in the past few years to include other types of books. Also, my fiance is getting me into Warhammer/Warhammer 40k. So I plan to review more than YA now. I also plan to talk about kids books as well. Obviously my daughter is a big part of my life now, and she likes books too! I might not review the kids books, but I'll definitely be posting some deals I see/get, and some good finds for those popular kids series! 

So bare with me as I update things and get back to reviewing. I don't plan on having a review in the next week or so as I work on stuff, but definitely in the later half of the month! I'll try and do a few posts between then though (such as a stacking the shelves, WoW, Top Ten Tuesday). 

Also, I'll update this post soon with a picture of the kitty and the kid. :)

-Brittani :)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on lovely motherhood... and engagement. Live can make it hard to find time for reading and blogging.
    Hope you get a good mix in.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! I try my best to reply to them in a timely manner. :)